Sunday, April 8, 2018

What Did You Learn Today?

This light-up sign in Mrs. Fuglestad's art room has gotten me reflecting on this question a lot!

In Mrs. Fuglestad's class, I learned about a Kindness Campaign that is being inspired by students as they read and discuss a variety of beautifully illustrated picture books with this theme. I can't wait to see what they will be inspired to create!



At Moms & Munchies I got to learn about all the special moms, grandmothers, aunts and caregivers of our students. We thank the PTA for this wonderful opportunity for these awesome women and their children to enjoy breakfast together before the start of school. What a fun way to kick off the day




I learned that our fifth grade students are highly interested in learning about climate change! You could hear a pin drop in the LMC as they researched on this "hot" topic. 

I learned about the "Touch Math" program. This student showed me how he can draw dots on numbers and use the dots to assist with computation and problem-solving. 

Mrs. Riesing's kindergarten students taught me many different ways to interpret the same poem. I really enjoyed learning about the vocabulary and points of view that stood out to them as they reflected and visualized this poem. What deep thinkers!

I learned about the Australian fox from this second grade student. It was impressive to see her give a presentation to her class about this unique animal. It was equally impressive to see the interaction of constructive feedback of specific compliments and curious questions from the rest of the class and this students positive and enthusiastic responses to her peers!

I'm learning how to follow and support our students' interests! Our fourth grade Clean Up Crew keeps growing and making a positive impact on our school. They are helping to write a script and create a video of ways we can all work together to take care of our school building. I'm so proud of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment