Friday, November 20, 2015

Attitude of Gratitude

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I am feeling very thankful for the "attitude of gratitude" that is part of our school culture on Thanksgiving and every day.

Our Student Council dubbed today Tie Dye Day! 
I am thankful for the fun-loving school spirit of our students and staff at Dryden.

I am thankful for the safety patrols who continue to be positive role models for our students and help everyone to be safe. 

I am thankful for our LMC Director, Mrs. O'Kelly, and Dryden PTA for bringing author/illustrator Ethan Long to Dryden this past Thursday. 

I am thankful for author/illustrator Ethan Long sharing his artistic talents and thought processes behind the entertaining books he creates.

 I am thankful for our School Resource Officer for helping to keep our community safe and for teaching us safety tips for when we are around strangers, and how to get help when we experience bully behavior. 

I am thankful for Mayor Hayes' visit to Dryden to teach our students about local government and all the different aspects of his important job. 

I am thankful for our art teacher, Mrs. Fuglestad, and all the students who worked together to create this beautiful Lego mural. This mural reminds us that Dryden is a place where caring, respect, trustworthiness, citizenship, responsibility and fairness are at the heart of all we do at school. 

I am thankful for our climbing wall at Dryden! One of my goals is to climb all the way across the wall without falling. It's humbling to see the young children so quickly amble their way across. For me, it takes careful motor-planning, as my coordination and agility is not up to their level. This is a big challenge for me! Yet, the encouragement, high-fives and hugs from the children keep me motivated. I'm constantly learning from our students and am always so inspired by them. Each week, I get a little stronger, and a little closer to reaching my goal. 

Truly, I am so thankful for EVERY student, staff member and parent of Dryden. Each person makes our school feel like a community, a team, a family where caring, fun and learning thrive. 
Happy Thanksgiving!












No comments:

Post a Comment